What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is investing in its network to improve the way we live, work, and communicate. Our network transformation will be critical for all our future connectivity businesses including new products such as IoT, 5G, and future smart cities. As part of this network transformation, you will help build one network engineered for growth for all lines of business.
The Senior Manager of Network Engineering is responsible for leading a team of Engineers and Project Managers in the design, engineering and implementation of fiber optic infrastructure, optical distribution networks (ODN) and transmission technologies across major metropolitan markets. Responsible for understanding business drivers, technological direction and market conditions necessary for developing and implementing cost effective and highly reliable fiber optic transport networks. The ideal candidate is adept at next generation transmission / ODN technologies and outside plant (OSP) constructionand permittingpractices. Must be adaptable to change and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Interface with internal organizations at various levels to understand business drivers, engineering standards, and market-level deployment plans
- Coordinate with Sourcing and external suppliers to assess capabilities, cost and timeline for deployment of OSP, ODN and Transport assets
- Provide oversight and direction for the design, initiation and implementation of network deployment plans to meet budgetary and timeline constraints
- Anticipate technical and tactical challenges and develop contingency plans necessary for controlling costs and maintaining market deployment schedules
- Communicate status and issues at various levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner
What we’re looking for...
- Extensive experience in Outside Plant / Inside Plant engineering, construction, and project management
- BS in Engineering or Business Management or equivalent experience
- 6+ years’ experience leading teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to manage cross-functional and remote teams
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2407123-senior-network-engineering-manager
• Post ID: 88986187 atlanta