What you’ll be doing...
In the exciting world of IoT, connecting devices, hardware and other sensory objects to improve automobile and driver intelligence is what Verizon Telematics is all about. That’s why our goal is to create extraordinary user experiences for each of our customers. To achieve this, we need to craft simple, reliable and engaging user interaction experiences across a multitude of devices. At Verizon Telematics, our UX team is made up of passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing, and design. As a member of our UX team you will be embedded with the product teams and contribute throughout the entire product development life cycle. Collaboration is key to our success, and UX design should be one of many key players in creating a better connected product experience. You’ll be expected to leverage a variety of UX design techniques to craft elegant, easy-to-use digital experiences for both consumers and businesses alike. We encourage a detailed oriented approach and along with a sense of autonomy, you will be expected to be able to think critically and act as aleader.
- Lead designs for one or several features including user needs assessment, varying fidelities of wireframes, final visual comps.
- Create & oversee UX goals and KPIs across product line and work multiple designers and scrum teams
- Frequently communicate with product, design and technology teams on design intent, conduct design thinking exercises to get alignment between multiple functions. Explain design rationale, illustrate how it solves user problem and balances business needs
- Mentor and coach junior team members on design best practices
- Work with the product and development team to follow a user-centered design approach as you work collaboratively and iteratively to brainstorm & design innovative experiences
- Create and collaborate on paper and functional prototypes on various levels of fidelity..
- Contribute/ lead minimal requirements and design documents to aid in describing
- Conduct user research, identify pain points, and develop user profiles, personas. Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback, and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback
What we’re looking for...
- IndustryExperience as auser experience designer, UI designer, information architect, or other equivalent title in software design and development. Agency experience is welcome.
- Experience in designing for applications for mobile and web IOS & Android platforms. Up to date on latest innovations & standards in interface design for these platforms.
- Experience with iterative design sprints in agile / lean development environments working on fast evolving SaaS / PaaS products w/ daily production releases.
- Understanding of formal design processes (e.g. iterative, UCD, design thinking approaches) and methodologies and application to new product development.
- Strong prototyping skills with the ability to generate high fidelity mockups & prototypes that can be used to productize.
- Direct experience with a variety of usability methods to do quick iterative testing on the designs, experience with user testing, user insights, usabilla, optimizely etc.
- Must have a portfolio with web and mobile applications and services that demonstrates a strong design aesthetic and usable, engaging product experiences- existing products in the market preferred.
Work Ethic & Interpersonal Skills:
- Self starter, independent thinker who can work in a highly matrixed organization that is a charting a new path in the market and fluid business conditions
- Strong influencing or negotiation skills and articulating your design choices to a larger group. Staying highly organized, persistent & flexible to focus on long term business goals.
- Excellent collaboration (joint projects), interpersonal (warm and inviting) and communication (clear, concise and erudite) skills.
- Excellent problem solving (start with first principle approach) and multi-tasking (several projects, initiatives concurrently) skills
- Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects and work effectively with cross-functional teams. Be able to produce and explore several design options for new concepts
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite/ PowerPoint/Keynote
- Expert in Axure/Sketch/ Invision/Marvel/Flinto or others
- Experience w/ Code Generators e.g. Paintcode, Webflow
- Bachelors or Masters or advanced certificates in Interaction design, HCI, graphic design, industrial design, computational design, creative management, anthropology, cognitive psychology, human factors, or related field, or equivalent experience. Relevant Experience preferred over formal degrees.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2368888-ux-designer
• Post ID: 93811817 atlanta