Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:06 AM
It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company : we're a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world's most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated 8+ billion in sales in 2016 : securing the 1 market position in North America and the 2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people : people like you : and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you're looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, you've come to the right place.
The Supply Planner position is a highly visible supply chain role that is responsible for overseeing and optimizing the inventory planning and procurement cost across the supply chain network. Ability to balance the sometimes conflicting goals of inventory targets, target customer service levels, forecast accuracy, and safety stock requirements for the allocated portfolio of SKU's for which he or she is assigned. This person is the key liaison to resolve supply issues and ensures the efficient delivery of inventory, service and cost objectives. This role will identify ways to improve supply planning processes by utilizing current tools. In addition, this person is responsible for ensuring accuracy of all purchase order data to support the Sales, Operations and Transportation Teams meet customer demand and regional performance objectives. The position will also include responsibility to mentor less experienced supply planner on supply chain concepts along with SAP functionality.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining inventories, developing the supply plan to reduce out of stocks across the supply chain network to increase service levels while minimizing purchasing costs and capital employed.
- Proactively utilize MRP's and other tools to review inventory projections and supply:demand summaries to prevent potential shortages or excessive inventory and demurrage.
- Implement and maintain inventory and material management strategies by regular review and optimization of inventory parameters and levels (e.g. reorder pt, safety stock, ABC categorization, forecast bias, etc...). Set up inventory targets and monitor actual inventory levels vs. targets
- Ability to assess purchasing options, calculate total into stock costs and analyzing cost reduction opportunities to optimize total spend by optimizing loads via combining various products onto a single order, pre:ordering as needed to reduce costs, surveying alternative suppliers for cost reductions, adjusting hub:spoke networks as needed to reduce costs, etc...
- Conduct root cause analysis for supply chain issues/variances and define corrective action plans to avoid reoccurrence. Review out of stock situations or shortage of supply issues and recommend mitigations. Utilize exception reports to identify and correct potential out of stock issues
- Responsible for overall master data maintenance in systems associated with supply planning such as lead times, transportation modes, sourcing information, safety stocks, etc....
- The position will also include responsibility to mentor less experienced supply planner on supply chain concepts along with SAP functionality.
- Conduct regular business and performance reviews with Demand Planning, Sales and Operations, including participation in S and OP processes.
- Identify and manage potential inventory obsolescence to minimize aged inventory and eventual write:offs
- Review and update inputs monthly to calculate safety stocks and inventory targets
- Track and reconcile weekly/monthly metrics versus establi
• Location: atlanta
• Post ID: 89205617 atlanta