What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
This role will lead the telematics product roadmap for multiple major vehicle manufacture brands for millions of connected vehicles globally. The role will require the ability to manage direct reports and is likely to grow a team over time.
Manage all aspects of a set of products in the emerging areas of Verizon Connect (Connected Vehicle Services) and Internet of Things (IOT) using the mobile wireless network. Create the business cases to justify investment, establish the service roadmap, write requirements, and lead the development process in order to bring new services to market. Research and understand the market, the competitive environment, and customer feedback for the set of services.
Areas of focus may include any of the following: Platform, API’s, Safety Services, Mobile Apps, Wi-Fi Data Plans, Remote Controls, Commercial Fleet, Remote Update, Usage Based Insurance, and Global Deployments including Canada, Mexico, and LATAM.
- Manage all aspects of a major OEM Telematics Program including the business and technical components. Lead a large cross functional team to make the program successful.
- Create and implement the strategy and product roadmap for selected category of services (define roadmap, gain both internal and customer buy-in, lead team to develop and launch services).
- Lead the creation of Product / Service requirements and certify final product to requirements.
- Develop price and bundling approach for both the consumer and enterprise services.
- Understand the current technology and systems at Verizon Connect, and how to build services using the existing investments.
- Provide post launch product support to address performance issues and resolve customer complaints.
- Stay abreast of mobile, telematics, and IOT markets in China (industry trends, new devices and services, customer usage, technology enablers, etc.).
- Conduct assessment of competitive offerings and new product launches.
- Establish success metrics and reporting for each product.
- Respond to customer RFP’s for new services, and issue RFP’s to vendors as required.
- Write business requirements and help define use cases for new mobile app, website, vehicle screens, and IVR feature functionality and application UI.
- Work with marketing to define how to best position the services to end consumers and facilitate with marketing the creation of marketing collateral.
- Work with training and operations to ensure front line employees have the latest product information and that customer impacting issues are addressed.
- Work with finance department to develop business case to support new product launches.
What we’re looking for...
- College degree required
- Direct experience with Mobile Connected Services.
- Product management/product development experience.
- Platform as a Service.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Technically capable. Takes ownership and drives projects to completion.
- Passionate about new technology. Creative, innovative mindset.
- Ability to make timely decisions in an ambiguous environment.
- Comfortable working on cross functional teams and with the local China team (remotely).
- Ability to influence and motivate peers in matrix environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience having direct reports
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2037099-sr-product-manager
• Post ID: 93811717 atlanta