What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite ofindustry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms andsolutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success.We hiretop talent and empower them to do their best work.As a division of Verizon, we combine thefun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
Verizon Connect is a division within Verizon’s IoT (Internet of Things) product organization, focusing on the future of the connected driving experience. Come join our team and be a part of defining and influencing how millions of people will interact with their vehicles in the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are comfortable with an extremely competitive and rapidly changing environment and have a proven track record of outstanding leadership within their projects.
The ideal candidate possesses strong leadership skills, an ability to think outside the box, strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, an ability to work in a dynamic environment, and a strong desire to contribute to Verizon Telematics’ continued success. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in IoT, we want you to fast-forward your career at Verizon Connect.
Position Summary Description:
As a Product Owner, you will work on complex and diverse projects with members in various locations that support multiple products/services in the emerging area of Telematics. Projects will include user stories that can be leveraged across a multitude of business opportunities as well as specific to a business unit.
- Handle critical, complex and enterprise projects
- Work inline with Product Managers to ensure roadmap deliverables including detailed project deadlines are met
- Effective management of all stakeholders
- Create customer journey flow diagrams to align business stakeholders then ensure user stories map back to desired journey
- Understand end to end customer lifecycle to provide subject matter expertise
- Analysis of business request to generate Features and User Stories
- Validate projects for scalability and re-use in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT
- Facilitate sessions with the business and technical teams to clarify the user stories from internal and external clients and effectively translate and communicate the ask to IT staff
- Effective management of issues/risks including escalations when needed
- Serve as a mentor to other members on the team
- Aid in determining proper value has been provided for backlog prioritization
- Presentations to all levels within the company including executives, business managers and technical teams and business partners external to the company
- Travel 25% or less
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a business analyst, product owner, or product management role in a technology field
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing projects through to development
- Experience in thorough implementation lifecycle (requirement/specification definition, development, testing, migration and go-live support)
- Experience with areas of Business and Technology Processes (Lead to Quote, Order to Active, Usage to Payment, device provisioning and activation, API integration, Mobile Apps, etc)
- Knowledge of/Experience with the Automotive OEM industry
- Familiarity with analysis within one or more development methodologies (Agile, SAFe, Scrum, Six Sigma, Waterfall)
What we are looking for in you:
- Strong analytical and documentation skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into user stories
- Strong skills as a change agent, problem solver, team leader and facilitator.
- Ability to think logically, critically, and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings of analysis and propose solutions that address expressed needs.
- Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills, capable of addressing both technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of organizational levels.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work and contribute in a team environment are essential, as are outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A constant drive to improve the experience of our users and our processes with the “Better Matters” motto.
Keywords: Telematics, Fleetmatics, Telogis, Skyward
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2399093-product-owner
• Post ID: 93811822 atlanta