What you’ll be doing...
The Network Field Engineer will provide on-site support for customer’s LAN and WAN environment within the assigned metro area (Atlanta). Responsibilities will include:
- Perform Network moves, adds and changes as called for in customer tickets.
- Troubleshoot incidents as called for in customer reactive and ENOC proactive tickets.
- Support the installation, configuration, administration, upgrades, and maintenance of Cisco, HP, Aruba, Palo Alto, F5, and Riverbed technologies.
- Assist Senior Engineers and SOC with Firewalls, Load Balancers and Network Accelerators.
- Monitor, analyze, troubleshoot, and evaluate network-related problems.
- Manage the performance and optimization of networks and systems.
- Support Network Engineers, Security Engineers and Project Managers with network projects through all stages, including:
- Defining/gathering requirements
- Drafting/ presenting technical proposals
- Weighing risks and rewards against value and costs
- Deployment and maintenance of solutions
- Coordinate with project management and engineering on major systems events such as application upgrades, launches, load tests and deployments.
- Understand and effectively communicate the impact of technical decisions on the business.
- Prepare technical reports, client presentations, network documentation, and manuals.
- Follow required incident management, change management and service request management policies and procedures and documentation requirements.
- Utilize Verizon’s ETMS ticketing system to manage assigned work queue and document incidents and service requests.
- Utilize network management and utilization reporting tools as needed.
- Be familiar with all locations and wiring plants for assigned metro area.
- Provide site visits/surveys and physical verification of CPE.
- Rack and Stack Equipment.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy digging into the details to find solutions. Communicating with people comes naturally to you. Not only are you are a great listener, but you know how to ask the right questions to get to the root cause of an issue.
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Network protocol experience including IPVPN, IP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IPSec.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Strong technical knowledge of the following infrastructure technologies, protocols and methodologies:
- Network Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, OSI Model, IEEE Standards, QoS, VoIP, OSPF, MPLS, ACL’s, BGP /e-BGP, Spanning Tree, Policy Based and Static routing, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, Virtual Device Contexts & Port Channels.
- Hardware: Cisco routing and switching devices, HP routing and switching devices, Palo Alto firewalls, Aruba wireless controller and access points.
- Knowledge of MPLS, Metro Ethernet, VoIP and IP based protocols (SIP).
- Four or more years of network field engineering and operations experience for complex enterprise managed networks.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills with the ability to drive solutions.
- Strong communication skills to accurately represent and convey information in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to multi-task and be aware of several simultaneous work streams.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2407672-network-field-engineer
• Post ID: 91719922 atlanta