What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Systems Consultant is part of the Global Project Management (GPM) Organization and is responsible for activities in support of Networking, Advanced Communications and Outsourced Solutions (NAC) and GPM management reporting, and custom Global Integrated Deal (GID) software and application development. Primary responsibilities will be for supporting the methodology and maturity in the use of Computer Associates Clarity PPM tool, creating and maintaining NAC and GPM headcount and metrics reporting, obtaining and managing GPM data, and custom tool and interface development.
This position is also responsible to support NAC and GPM metrics, user interfaces, and database management of staffing, certifications and customer satisfaction information for the organization. Included in the role is the creation or customization of reports, creation of user interfaces to databases, requirements support, data analysis and custom GPM software and application development. The GPM functions supported include Configuration Management Databases (CMDBs), inventory management, ports management, Customer Service Record (CSR) conversion support, change management, reporting, billing and document management, and required tool development and maintenance, interfaces to multiple operations systems, and feeds of ESP data for GPM customers to Nautical applications.
The Senior Systems Consultant will assist with defining GPM and customer requirements, and then translating those requirements into tools to automate repeatable tasks and deliverables and save headcount costs. The Systems Consultant will also ensure all tools developed can produce the applicable management reports.
- Support the CA Clarity PPM tool implementation
- Create, maintain, and enhance NAC and GPM reporting, metrics and relevant databases using a variety of software tools
- Create, maintain, and enhance web-based tools for custom GID deals
- Organize and attend relevant GPM automation meetings
- Create and maintain requirements documentation
- Create and maintain development action item logs
- Create and obtain sign off on tool design documents
- Execute agreed tool designs
- Test to ensure design meets requirements
- Provide overview/training on new GID tools
- Provide support for development of fixes and/or enhancements
- Create management reports for GID tools/databases
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Four or more years of work experience in systems development role.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in Business Objects, Ruby on Rails and MySql/MariaDB.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access (including MS Office Suite 2010/2013).
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Structured, logical thinker, dependable and flexible.
- Ability to work independently and with multiple groups and organizations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience with verbal & written communications.
- Familiarity with Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) and network elements.
- Experience in Service Management related to Network, Managed Services, CPE, Security, Applications, Hosted / DCS Services, IT Services, Unified Communications.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2468441-senior-systems-consultant
• Post ID: 91719882 atlanta