What you’ll be doing...
The Program Management Office (PMO) Senior Manager is responsible for the flawless delivery of enterprise programs in support of a line of business or pillar.
This role works very closely with peer PMO managers in the continual evolution of the PMO as it becomes a Center of Excellence.
The Senior Manager oversees multiple program managers in the delivery of complex, programs/projects that can span organizational boundaries, involve external vendors and multiple business areas, and can have a significant legal and/or financial impact to the Telematics business.
The Senior Manager directs the assignment, development, and performance of PMO program managers. He/She is responsible for execution/delivery of each program within their sphere of responsibility. Ensures all practices and policies of the PMO are followed, or modified if appropriate, and leads by example through use of the same.
- Responsible for establishing and standardizing project management practices for Verizon Telematics
- Establish and integrate PMO measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with business strategies including risk and operational management metrics
- Define and manage a portfolio of critical initiatives throughout the organization involving technology, business process, and associated human capital that spans systems, geographies and functions within the organization
- Establish and manage an ongoing governance structure for the projects
- Drive a culture of urgency and on-time, on-budget project delivery
- Partner with executive level professionals to drive business outcomes
- Drive close collaboration and partnership with functional project managers
- Communicate with key stakeholders to secure continuous organizational commitment
- Proactively manage conflict
- Maintain a strong knowledge base of VZT’s business, organization and strategy
- Evaluate and analyze completed projects to identify areas for improvements
- Ensure the quality of the overall portfolio/program through constant monitoring, control and auditing of the various initiatives following proven PMI processes and procedures
- Ensure early identification of issues, determining potential resolutions, assigning the appropriate resources, communicating status, tracking and resolving them in a timely manner
- Responsible for creating strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning; transition, change and program management
- Identify global resource requirements and proper communication of those requirements in a timely manner to ensure the programs are properly staffed with the skilled resources required
- Pro-actively work with Functional Managers to mitigate risks associated with shared resources and/or limited knowledge. Identifies potential resource constraints and builds in the associated contingency plans
- Educates team members and project managers in project management principles
What we’re looking for...
- Expert level knowledge in project management disciplines, processes, best practices and reporting. A PMP certification is preferred.
- Familiarity with Verizon or Telematics products and processes a plus
- Experience in Program Delivery across the Verizon footprint a plus
- People management skills, which includes 5+ years’ experience in a key leadership role, preferably in a technology company.
- Expertise in continuous process improvement in the delivery of programs in a technology area is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technical field). Master’s degree in project management preferred
- Six Sigma Certification a plus
- 10+ years of portfolio and program experience, including PMO specific experience managing project portfolio in excess of $5M
- Advanced working knowledge of business unit processes, operations and technology
- Experience defining governance/project management frameworks, and measuring adherence
- Experience in management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources
- Technical understanding of PPM tools
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to develop and motivate high-performing global teams
- Proficient in defining stakeholder communication requirements and developing and delivering communication plans
- Demonstrated ability to identify, manage and mitigate risks
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time, on budget and with the approved scope
- Experience in successfully working within a matrix organization structure
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2391227-senior-manager-pmo
• Post ID: 91720002 atlanta