What you’ll be doing...
The Financial Systems Group (FSG) has an opening for a Business Analyst responsible for strategy and implementation of systems solutions that support Verizon’s revenue recognition platform.
The revenue recognition Business Analyst is responsible for the analysis and design of major functional enhancements to the application and continued modifications over time to support Verizon’s ever changing product and system landscape. This person will define the high level data flow architecture, system level requirements, data transformations, and configuration changes for the application and its upstream systems. In addition they will be responsible for documenting end user requirements, evaluating business process implications, creating technical documentation including functional and technical designs, and defining business and data migration rules. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with strong analytical and interpersonal skills committed to the team effort required to design and implement optimal system solutions for complex issues and business processes.
- Responsible for architecture, design, business rule development, and testing of new and enhanced functionality within the revenue recognition application and source systems.
- Act as a liaison between IT and business community to develop business and system requirements based on input gathered from a variety of sources including analysis and feedback from end user, subject matter experts, and architects.
- Analyze complex business requirements and translate requirements into application designs and data model solutions that best represent and serve the business and data requirements and meet system and reporting needs.
- Understand business and technical requirements and ensure software design, capabilities, and architecture are aligned with requirements.
- Provide solution and subject matter expertise and apply strategic thinking to identify new process and technology opportunities to enhance the performance of the revenue recognition application.
- Present problem statements/data/conclusions/recommendations in a consumable, meaningful, and insightful manner.
- Analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal sources to provide strategic and actionable business insights to decision-makers. Develop and deliver data-driven solutions to support business needs and analytics.
- Perform complex, detailed data analysis to validate, model, and identify and interpret trends and patterns in the data with the purpose of understanding and developing recommendations and solutions for complex business issues.
- Utilize advanced data mining techniques to analyze large data sets with the goal of understanding data for use in data mapping, data transformation, system/business rules, and identifying operational improvements.
- Make tactical, data driven decisions leveraging experience and with consideration for competing priorities.
- Write complex SQL queries to support system analysis, develop large scale solution prototypes, and/or provide end users required data for their analysis.
- Identify gaps in data and determine what data must be obtained and integrated to meet the needs of the business.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to define and deliver solutions for the use, extraction, and transformation of data.
- Quickly come up to speed with new data sources and models for use in data exploration.
- Continuously develop and enhance understanding of existing data infrastructure and source systems as well as new technologies, tools, and methods for data analysis.
- Create and maintain documentation of database processes and business rules.
- Develop project deliverables such as designs and requirements that are complete, of a high quality, and are in compliance with standards.
- Perform software quality assurance checks, which includes testing and validating the solutions deliver on requirements.
- Translate requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for system and user acceptance testing.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Finance (Accounting or Financial Planning and Analysis), Business, or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Related experience in system implementations including end-to-end design.
- Experience with data warehousing, data integration, data quality assurance, data modelling, and ad hoc analysis.
- Relational database experience (Teradata, Oracle).
- Knowledge of accounting.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle practices, utilizing both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in MIS, Finance (Accounting or Financial Planning and Analysis), or Business.
- Eight or more years of related experience in system implementations including end-to-end design.
- Experience with billing systems, billing data, revenue systems, and/or revenue assurance/reporting.
- Advanced, demonstrated SQL skills; to use in data analysis, ad hoc reporting, and data quality assurance.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to resolve issues independently and drive solutions (end-to-end).
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team, embrace change, and work in an iterative development environment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2263955-revenue-recognition-business-analyst
• Post ID: 91719867 atlanta