What you’ll be doing...
You will explore what our people need to learn to be even better. Your programs and learning approaches will align with our business needs and be highly effective and in tune with our culture. You’ll design learning solutions that are engaging, fun and most importantly build those capabilities needed to enable our people to create the Verizon of the future.
- Creating innovative learning solutions for sales, products, customer service, and employee development.
- Resourcing learning initiatives with internal and external training experts.
- Managing vendor and contractor relationships.
- Evaluating program effectiveness and continuously improving our solutions.
- Managing the archive of learning programs and materials.
The Verizon Telematics Training function, a component of the Operations organization, is responsible for developing and delivering product, sales, customer service, and employee development training to front line, management, and leadership employees in response to unique Telematics needs. The group partners with corporate functions, including workforce development and HR, to align with broader enterprise training activities and incorporate proven approaches and content. The focus of this function is to deepen the knowledge and strengthen the skills of Telematics employees and vendor partners to elevate individual, center/team, and organizational performance to directly improve business results and customer experience.
- Full service responsibility for executing Verizon Telematics sales, product, customer service, and employee development programs
- Support the development efforts of our leadership team, management and frontline employees, and vendor partners
- Establish and maintain relationships with line of business leads
- Engage with various internal and external stakeholders to fully discover the training need, relevance and importance of training impact. Actively participate in user acceptance of courseware when complete
- Engage with customers to define training needs and training gaps. Conduct the detailed analysis of audience, task, and needs assessment of requested training
- Actively participate in internal processes and collaborate with teams to ensure adequate translation of subject matter to learning material
- Evaluate training programs and training effectiveness; track and improve efficacy
- Evaluate internal processes for efficiency of material development; track and improve efficiency
- Evaluate and report on training programs, including course evaluations, pre/post examination, impact on business and ROI
- Apply creativity to contribute to the design of new and redesign historic training artifacts
- Design, develop, and maintain all necessary training elements (e.g. strategic roadmap, tactical plans, leader guides, student courseware, training documentation, examinations) for all courses
- Utilize a wide range of modalities for training development and delivery
- Ensure that all training material follows design and development standards, adult learning principles, and regulatory requirements
- Function as systems administrator on internal systems used to ensure up-to-date material archiving
- Build and strengthen personal business knowledge to maintain baseline level of expertise required to perform role
- Proactively share best practices and relevant internal/external data with team to bolster team performance
- Facilitate a large variety of training programs to bolster the organization’s capabilities
- Utilize strong platform skills and demonstrate composure and passion to deliver training materials
- Revise delivery based on practical application, experience, and feedback
- Provide concrete, actionable feedback to training content developers
- Facilitate structured learning experiences
What we’re looking for...
You’re energized by discovering the best new learning approaches and applying them to create engaging learning programs. You seek feedback and understand the importance of continuous improvement. You gain satisfaction from meeting key learning objectives and seeing the impact of a strong learning program.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge in design and delivery of employee training.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and training approaches.
- Consulted with HR professionals and their business clients.
- Managed projects effectively balancing timeliness and quality.
- Understanding of all lines of business
- Fluency in telematics products and services
- Familiarity with product lifecycle, agile methodologies, and sales approaches
- Demonstration of extreme organization and planning skills
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in training development, and/or delivery
- Familiarity with adult learning principles, theories, concepts and development technologies or modalities, practical experience and application of training development models
- Applied knowledge of established standards, procedures, policies and practices
- Proven track record of success in designing, developing, and delivering training for a variety of audiences using delivery modalities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and customize activities to ensure participant engagement and knowledge retention
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to develop and maintain a network or resources throughout the organization to support in the training development process
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Experience in learning software and tools
- Bachelor’s degree with track record of strong academic/professional performance
- Demonstrated creativity in the development and delivery of learning experiences
- Action-oriented, with a proven track record of material business results
- Advanced active listening skills and interpersonal savvy to attract and retain the interest of an audience
- Ability to travel 26-50%
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2404054-learning-and-development-consultant
• Post ID: 91719612 atlanta