About the Job
Design Qualification Engineer
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
For over 40 years we’ve been America’s favorite Fishfinder – the leading innovator of Side Imaging technology – providing recreational and professional anglers difference-making days out on the water, day after day, year after year.
Humminbird introduced fishfinders, depth sounders, marine radios and GPS systems to anglers. In fact, many of the exciting innovative products and features that are in wide use today were our creation. We continue to introduce smart technology and cutting-edge products for anglers and their families to get the most out of their getaways, daytrips and fishing adventures
The Humminbird brand is manufactured by the Marine Electronics Group of Johnson Outdoors (Nasdaq: JOUT). We have locations in Mankato, Minnesota, Eufaula, Alabama, Alpharetta, Georgia, Little Falls, Minnesota and Toronto, Ontario. We are an Equal Opportunity workplace.
Assumes a key role in the development of new products by qualifying the designs to the required technical specifications of the product. Participates in the design process, developing qualification test plans, and working with engineering, operations, and quality to ensure that new products are ready for production. This position is based in Alpharetta, Georgia.
· Conducts qualification test procedures/plans per product qualification test specifications for all new products and product design platforms, both software (Functional, UI, and UX) and/or hardware (Electrical and mechanical). (Richard-added or so description is relevant for Ron’s area as well)
· Tests and evaluates new product designs and substitute components against specifications. Performs prototype testing with design engineers to identify early failures or potential design and product life-cycle issues.
· Ensures ongoing testing of new product designs meets qualification specifications. Conducts competitive testing.
· Supports quality in new product processes by serving as a member and/or resource on development and continuous improvement teams.
· Ensures that all processes and procedures are accurately documented and may be easily accessed as needed. Ensures all tests are performed consistently and that processes are easily transferable to the quality department once the product is released for production. (Ron-this is a new bullet point)
· Assists and supports the evaluation of new materials, assembly processes, technologies, and/or techniques toward qualification.
· Tailors existing internal and industrial test specifications to meet new testing needs, correlating them with historical product performance, product returns, and real world usage of the products. (Ron-Richard modified this bullet from: Develops new technical specifications where industry specs are not available, correlating with historical product performance, product returns and real world usage of the products.)
· Investigates industry appropriate standards and specifications.
· Designs, builds, and maintains test fixtures, tools, and equipment.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of fundamental digital and analog electronic circuit design principles & components. Experience with basic electronics soldering, interface, and connection techniques. (Ron-this bullet was modified)
· Knowledge of fundamental mechanical design principles. Experience with design analysis software and troubleshooting techniques using a variety of lab instruments and/or shop equipment. (Ron-this bullet was modified)
· Knowledge of fundamental software design principles. Experience with using operating systems, uploading and downloading software, basic understanding of software function, scripts, and simple programming. (Ron-this bullet was modified)
· Experience in reading and drawing schematics and drawings, identifying components, and component values.
· Experience with electronic and mechanical test equipment.
· Excellent social, interpersonal, and communication skills. Good presentation skills a plus.
· Comfortable with using computers, and OS’s and common software applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and similar products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in electrical, electronic, or mechanical engineering.
Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of design qualification experience which includes establishing, testing and evaluating product qualifications against specifications.
A few pointers about our culture:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovation are attributes of our team at Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics!
- We are laser-focused on our consumers, and passionate about inspiring people to actively engage with the amazing awe of the outdoors again and again.
- We strive to create meaningful, healthy change in the world as individuals and as a family of brands.
- We value team members who are willing to wear many hats; who take personal initiative, anticipating what needs to be done, and figuring things out to make them happen; but who are also willing to ask help, to assist others and work together.
What you will receive:
- Find your work/life balance with generous holiday and vacation benefits, health insurance and wellness plans.
- Share in the company’s success with our cash profit sharing and employee stock purchase plans.
- Further your career with training opportunities including our tuition assistance program.
- Plan for your future with our 401k with company match and deferred retirement contributions, Sons & Daughters Scholarship program, life and LTD insurance, and more.
Please send your resume to FishingHR@johnsonoutdoors.com
• Post ID: 90270277 atlanta