Requisition #: 22541
Name of Location: Scottish Rite
Work Schedule: Day
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Serve as a genetic counselor for multidisciplinary clinics within Neurosciences. The genetic counselor will assess individual or family risk for a variety of inherited conditions, such as genetic disorders and birth defects. Provides information and advice to other healthcare providers or to individuals and families concerned with the risk of inherited conditions.
- Masters degree in genetic counseling from an American Board of Genetic Counseling accredited program
- Certified with National Board Certification from the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) or the American College of Medical Genetics (ACMG)
- No minimum experience required
- Experience working in a fast-paced clinical setting
- Interest neurologic conditions
- Interest in clinical research endeavors
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to express cultural sensitivity while working with patients and families from diverse backgrounds
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced clinical setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with health information privacy rules
- Analyzes genetic information to identify patients or families at risk for specific disorders and syndromes.
- Writes detailed consultation reports to provide information on complex genetic concepts for patients, families, or referring physicians.
- Discusses testing options and the associated risks, benefits, and limitations with patients and families.
- Interviews patients or families to obtain comprehensive medical histories and document the findings.
- Interprets laboratory results and communicate findings to patients, families, or physicians.
- Counsels patients and family members by providing information, education, or reassurance regarding genetic risks and inherited conditions.
- Determines patient treatment plans by reviewing laboratory work, literature, and patient histories.
- Participates in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in genetics and genomics.
- Represent Childrens in a professional and highly ethical manner.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Location Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Family Support Services - Family Support Services
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent dedicated to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Childrens is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27 neighborhood locations and a total of 622 beds, Childrens is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Childrens offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top childrens hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Childrens has been ranked on Fortune magazines list of 100 Best Companies to Work For for twelve consecutive years and named one of the 100 Best Companies by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of being Dedicated to All Better and impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients and their families each year.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 91878797 atlanta