Requisition #: 21781
Name of Location: Park West
Work Schedule: Variable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Days: Variable
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is hiring an Epic Trainer to join our permanent team! The Epic Trainer facilitates staff training programs which enhance technical skills and promote clinical and professional development. Delivers classroom training, one-on-one training, and at-the-elbow user support for the full suite of electronic medical record clinical applications used within the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta system.
- Graduation from accredited senior college with a degree in Computer Science, Training and Development, Business, Education, Nursing, or equivalent experience
- No professional certifications required
- 1 year of experience in facilitation in computer software, education, healthcare business systems, and/or clinical staff development
- Experience in development and editing of instructional material
- Experience in providing training for electronic medical record or similar applications
- Background in a teaching capacity highly preferred
- Williness to learn EPIC
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with a variety of personnel within teams and across organizational lines
- Executive-level presence and comfortable providing training and support to clinicians and leaders
- Must be adaptable to change and able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Strong initiative and can establish personal goals and take responsibility for meeting them within defined timelines and with minimal supervisor assistance
- Provides classroom and one-on-one training and at-the-elbow support to users at various campuses, ensuring clinical staff are able to complete charting and clinical documentation.
- Utilizes curriculum, lesson plan, and training materials created by instructional designers to provide technical training and orientation to clinical applications.
- Delivers classroom training for all electronic medical record applications with a focus on those used in the clinical environment.
- Works collaboratively with other members of project and training team to assist in developing and maintaining the training program.
- Gathers user needs and technical support issues and acts as liaison to Information Systems & Technology applications analysts and system administrators to ensure user issues are resolved.
- Assists in conducting training needs, task, and job analyses to develop technical training strategy.
- Participates in educational and leadership opportunities to enhance professional growth and clinical expertise.
- Maintains knowledge of basic Children's Healthcare of Atlanta policies and procedures and best practices as relates to electronic medical record use.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Location Address: 2800 Century Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30345
Function: Information Technology - Business Partnering
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent dedicated to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Childrens is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27 neighborhood locations and a total of 622 beds, Childrens is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Childrens offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top childrens hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Childrens has been ranked on Fortune magazines list of 100 Best Companies to Work For for twelve consecutive years and named one of the 100 Best Companies by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of being Dedicated to All Better and impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients and their families each year.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 89405612 atlanta