Requisition #: 21584
Name of Location: Scottish Rite
Work Schedule: Variable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Days: Variable
Provides high-quality sports medicine services. Functions effectively as a member of the sports medicine team. Supports the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta mission. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- National Athletic Trainers Association certified athletic trainer (ATC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- 1year of experience in working with athletes in numerous sports
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Clinical competencies in treatment aspects for sports medicine patients
- In-depth knowledge of basic training program principles for variety of sports
- Good mental and physical health
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Demonstrates clinical competence in the provision of effective service delivery appropriate to the patients specific needs and diagnosis.
- Understands medical diagnosis and treatment interventions.
- Follows established rehabilitation protocols based on diagnosis.
- Provides education to parent and patients in an ongoing fashion via text, phone, or email.
- Completes charge sheets on each patient and submits daily.
- Completes documentation on a daily basis with appropriate content.
- Demonstrates effective use of time for direct and indirect patient care and departmental responsibilities.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous professional growth and improvement.
- Delivers competent age-appropriate patient care, integrating infection control and body substance precautions, patient safety, body mechanics, and knowledge of growth and development.
- Identifies patient/family need for services from ancillary departments and provides follow-up and referral as necessary.
- Participates in maintaining and monitoring the work environment to ensure a continual state of Joint Commission readiness.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Location Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Allied Health - Rehab
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent dedicated to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Childrens is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27 neighborhood locations and a total of 622 beds, Childrens is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Childrens offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top childrens hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Childrens has been ranked on Fortune magazines list of 100 Best Companies to Work For for twelve consecutive years and named one of the 100 Best Companies by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of being Dedicated to All Better and impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients and their families each year.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 89289942 atlanta