As a Technical Underwriter of the Trucking Group you will be focused on developing a profitable book of Primary Casualty new and renewal business by underwriting the account using pricing tools and underwriting judgment to develop a technical price, coverage terms/conditions, and quote pricing with brokers.
Reporting Relationships and Organizational Scope
We are seeking a Primary Casualty Underwriter who will be part of a team responsible for underwriting and pricing new and renewal Primary Casualty business with a focus on Trucking. The Underwriters will report directly to the Technical Underwriting Manager.
• Apply underwriting judgment to pricing model results to generate a technical price range, coverage terms/conditions and alternative structure options to utilize in quoting decisions on new business and renewals
• Communicate risk appetite and AIG offers to brokers
• Develop deal structure & terms, and offer AIG Services that best meets clients’ needs
• Present pricing, terms and conditions, & deal structure to brokers
• Ensure technical price, alternative structure options, and suggested coverage terms/conditions adhere to filed rating plans
• Analyze submitted account information for relatively small to medium accounts, evaluate risks and controls, and ensure compatibility with risk appetite
• Work with actuarial units, finance teams, and Business units across the organization to understand actuarial model applications and stakeholder requirements
• Actively seek out ways to build your expertise, by learning more about Casualty and risk evaluation through formal and informal learning opportunities.
• An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree
• 1+ years of Casualty underwriting experience
• Strong analytical skills to understand numeric data and be able to interpret and apply actuarial pricing guidelines to specific situations. High degree of comfort with analytical tools and technology
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
• Ability to facilitate cross function collaboration, especially regarding technical aspects
• Extremely detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate reasoning behind generated numbers to the broker
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• High “EQ”
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Takes initiative on projects and assignments, seeks alternate solutions
• Post ID: 58037318 atlanta