What you’ll be doing...
The Sr. Manager (Director) of IT operations in this highly visible role will oversee teams responsible for infrastructure, IT systems (such as Active Directory, GSuite etc), and end user support globally for Telematics. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the IT infrastructure landscape and implement and manage systems that fit in to that landscape. Sr Manager will shape the organization, supporting internal customers at all levels and drive significant business value through successful delivery of initiatives.
- Manage a department of 40+ IT professionals with manager-level direct reports for Infrastructure, IT internal systems and End User Support teams globally
- Collaborate with internal business leaders to provide enterprise IT solutions with a strong focus on SaaS based solutions.
- Architects, implements and supports an overall information technology strategy, specific to the companys core infrastructure and systems, leveraging best practices applications, software and system platforms.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of ITIL / ITSM processes and best practices across the company.
- Participates in prioritization of technology initiatives and accurately tracks the status, costs, and all projects related to information systems (hosting, vendor agreements, training, systems, etc.).
- Establishes and maintains the initiative vision, strategy and program to ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected and accounted for.
- Evaluates new IT products or services recommending changes to existing products or services for improved end user and company practices.
- Works closely with Information Security and administration of security policies and procedures
- Ensures effective working relationships with vendors and third party providers, ensuring contracts are kept up to date and cost maintenance strategies are assessed and analyzed on a periodic basis.
- Recommends appropriate maintenance strategies ensuring uninterrupted systems usage and proper backup and recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the development of the annual department budget and capital expenditure plans in alignment with department projects and business goals.
What we’re looking for...
Skills And Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field. Masters (MBA, MsC) preferred
- Ten years related experience.
- Five+ years experience managing and/or directing a complex global IT operation in progressive levels of leadership
- Experienced with ITSM/ITIL frameworks (implementation of such frameworks a plus)
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to mentor, coach and inspire others
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as needed
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2303122-sr-manager-it-operations
• Post ID: 87985692 atlanta