What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite ofindustry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms andsolutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success.We hiretop talent and empower them to do their best work.As a division of Verizon, we combine thefun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
Verizon Connect is looking for an experienced Senior Hadoop Developer/Lead to help us develop solutions that cater the data analytics needs of our products
- Design, Document, Develop and unit test Streaming Applications with Spark Streaming, HBase, Cassandra and Kafka APIs
- Design, Document, Develop and unit test Batch processing applications with Spark, Hive, HBase, Cassandra, Map-Reduce, HDFS and Hadoop frameworks and APIs
- Design, Document, Develop and unit test search and indexing solutions with Solr/Elastic search APIs and tools
- Design, Document, Develop and unit test Data models and applications for time-series data analytics solutions on streaming data
- Work closely with Business and Technical Product owners for requirements and use cases
- Design, Document, Develop and unit test data ingestion applications to ingest data from various source systems and third party applications using Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Nifi, Hive, HBase, Cassandra, HDFS, Hadoop and third party APIs
- Design and Document solutions for Streaming, Batch, Ingestion, Indexing and Search use cases
- Document Unit Test cases for applications and deployment plans for code migration
- Partner with the Admin teams on deployments and warranty support activities
- Partner with QA for Integration, System and Performance testing applications
- Ability to read/write code down to a white box level and provide clear solutions.
- Design, Document, Develop and unit test analytics applications using Spark SQL, Pig, Hive, HDFS, HBase and Impala
- Develop and unit test scripting using Java, Java Script, UNIX, etc… for local file processing and file transfer processes.
- Participate actively in agile day to day processes
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with Product, Business and Technical teams to gather, understand and document requirements.
- Work with Onshore and Offshore teams to design, develop, review and unit test applications.
- Knowledge Sharing and Transition to admin teams before code deployments and initial production support during warranty support.
What we’re looking for...
- Experience: 0-10 years of experience in Data Analytics platform using Big Data Technologies of Hadoop Ecosystem with very good experience in real time analytics using spark stream processing framework with Kafka message queues is mandatory.
- OS: Linux, Windows
- Coding languages: Java, Scala, Spark, Spark Streaming with proficiency in RDDs, Dataframes and Datasets, Map-Reduce
- NoSQL: Knowledge on HBase and Cassandra is strongly preferred
- SQL interfaces: Spark SQL, Hive, CQL, Impala
- Batch Querying: Hive, PIG, Impala
- Search and Indexing: Solr and Elastic Search
- Message Queues: Kafka
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL
- Code Management: Jenkins, SVN, GIT
- Agile Tools: Jira
- Proven analytical skills
- Knowledge of business process development and improvement
- Other preferred qualifications: Knowledge in Sqoop, Flume, Nifi, R and Python are preferred.
- B.S. or MS. & 10+ years of experience
Ideal candidate for this position:
- Will be determined and committed to perform at highest quality and excellence.
- Will have a laser-sharp focus on goal of on-time and zero-defect delivery.
- Will be highly energetic and will strongly believe in on-going learning in order to optimally exploit his/her potential at workplace.
- Will constantly work towards being the best and to succeed at current assignment/project.
- Will be entrepreneurial and will successfully challenge existing paradigms.
- Will have a vision and will think expansively and outside the box to consistently generate and evaluate highly innovative ideas and solutions.
- Will be willing to take risks, will anticipate the consequences of decisions and will generate plans to address them.
- Will be willing to go against the grain, will have courage to take calculated risks and will have the ability to present his/her point of view in a positive and effective manner.
- Will take personal responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Will take customer perspective and will proactively work to address the customer’s current problem and future requirements.
- Will anticipate and successfully fulfill customer expectations.
- Will have the ability to effectively leverage diverse resources.
- Will work hard to foster positive relationships and will develop win-win solutions when conflicts arise.
- Will build relationship by making self highly approachable, will seek input from others and will actively listen to concerns and alternate points of view, will make others feel valued and supported.
Keywords: Telematics, Fleetmatics, Telogis, Skyward
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2077264-sr-hadoop-developer
• Post ID: 93811972 atlanta