What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
Verizon Connect has an immediate need for a Production Database Administrator to join our existing DBA team. The ideal associate will be a highly competent and highly motivated individual. This DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in a prompt & efficient manor, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests
- Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs
- Reviewing service related reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved promptly
- Responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor degree or 6 plus years of relevant Database administration experience in a large datacenter environment
- Database Administration for MSSQL Server, with on premise, AWS & Azure installations
- Troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Database Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and 3rd party tools
- Database operational monitoring & alerting for MSSQL Server
- Backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
- Database design (normalization, experience with VLDB management)
- SQL Server database table Partitioning
- Implementing operational automation using scripts
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Database source control and deployment
- Working with Windows server & clustering
Even better if you have:
- Powershell experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, agile environment.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation
Keywords: Telematics, Fleetmatics, Telogis, Skyward.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2269972-senior-database-administrator
• Post ID: 93335262 atlanta