What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Hardware Field Support Engineer will be responsible for the successful deployment and ongoing health of our telematics hardware installed in the field as well as leading a small team of dedicated Field Support Engineers. You will be an expert in performance monitoring and proactive remediation of issues with our hardware. The Hardware Field Support Engineer will serve as a link between Research & Development and customer-facing Fleetmatics employees in providing technical expertise and resolving product issues.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Day to day leadership of the Field Support Team
- Communicate with Customer Care Representative, Field Installation Technicians and Field Sales on resolving and answering escalated technical problems and issues.
- Use troubleshooting skills to isolate, debug hardware issues and develop fixes. This may include writing code or re-configuring hardware.
- Collect and document information about hardware performance and failures.
- Develop and suggest needed hardware improvements based on data collected.
- Have conversations with Product management to create a better customer service experience.
- Make improvements to existing product documentation and assist in the development of internal as well as customer training materials.
- Responsible for resolving hardware issues as soon as possible while relying on technology/software/hardware knowledge.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering or in Mechanical Engineering
What we’re looking for...
- Experience in electrical/electronics engineering
- Experience in writing software and/or scripting
- Experience working in an Agile delivery team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 4 to 5 years of experience in an engineering, engineering support, technical support, or software/hardware QA role.
- Solid understanding of GPS operation, and cellular data communication
- An understanding of embedded firmware based products in terms of firmware & configuration operation, inspection and loading
- Strong computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL and Server Management Studio a plus
- Familiarity with HyperTerminal or equivalent terminal emulation program(s) a plus
- Familiarity with FAR Manager and its use in a multi-server environment a plus
- Familiarity with the telematics industry & telecommunications a plus
- Familiarity with vehicle wiring systems (aka ‘12volt’) experience a plus
- Familiarity with Verizon, AT&T, Vodafone, O2 and/or other cell carriers customer operations systems a plus
- Familiarity with printed circuit board technology & surface mount components a plus
- Familiarity with a SaaS based business model & company operation a plus
- Ability to work behind computer and sit at a desk for full day of work.
- Ability to travel internationally if requested.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2271216-senior-application-support-engineer-i
• Post ID: 88985547 atlanta