What you’ll be doing...
The Principal Security Architect will be responsible for strategy, architecture and security technology evaluations/recommendations to the business and to the CISO. The Principal Security Architect will also be responsible for evaluation, planning, and development of an enterprise security technology roadmap mainly related to application and mobile security. The appropriate candidate will have deep experience defining best practices, writing policy/standards and driving adoption of new architectural designs. This candidate will deliver architectural guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, and conduct regular security consultancies for the business. The candidate will also regularly collaborate with the business and the wider security organization to address security and compliance challenges and engage in a wide variety of security-related projects and initiatives.
- Conducting enterprise level security assessments; proactively identifying areas of opportunity for security enhancement.
- Creating and maintaining the information security strategy-Security architecture designs -Security solutions catalog-Security technology roadmap.
- Providing technical leadership for security initiatives.
- Designing secure method of achieving business activities that would otherwise be too risky.
- Next Generation Solutions: Application Security Initiatives, Mobile Device Security (MDM), encryption, Security Analytics, mobile identity authentication and authorization and Zero Trust.
- Products: Security Position Papers, Executive Briefings, White Papers, RFI/RFP, Grading Matrix, Compliance Checklists, Architecture Diagrams, etc.
- Regularly leading multiple large-scale critical impact projects simultaneously and providing guidance and mentorship to junior staff members and peers.
- Showing the ability to effectively explain the issues, solutions, and roadmaps to both a technician and an executive.
- Developing resolutions to complex problems that require the application of deep experience creativity and making pivotal decisions that impact numerous organizations, project success, foundational security posture at Verizon.
- Understanding and managing technical and operational concerns, and managing critical relationships inside and outside of the business. Exercising keen judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Work is expertly accomplished with little or no direction.
- Providing a deep technical knowledge resource within the organization, interfacing with vendors/3rd parties and translating this technical information so it can be easily understood and acted upon by executive management.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or sixor more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in IT security, compliance and risk management in a technical SME and leadership capacity.
- Experience building security reference architecture for enterprise application deployments in cloud, on-prem and hybrid scenarios.
- Experience building security reference architecture solutions for mobile enterprise security control systems (MDMs) and mobile application development and deployment.
- Experience in software development and software architecture.
- Experience developing mobile applications and working with mobile enterprise security solutions.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Certifications: CISSP or CISM certification.
- Demonstrated track record of success in helping enterprise customers deploy important workloads to the cloud in a secure and compliant manner.
- Experience advising customers on architectures meeting industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Expert understanding of a wide range of IT system components including architecture, authentication, connectivity, system hardware and software components, virtualization, cloud computing, and mobile.
- Ability to understand and suggest changes to system design choices in light of corporate security policy considerations and industry best security practices.
- Advanced ability to manage relationships with other business unit and external vendor stakeholders when IT security risks are present and system or process changes must be made to mitigate risk.
- Expert understanding of IT process modeling to determine risk to corporate systems.
- Ability to suggest appropriate controls based on corporate tolerance for risk.
- Expert understanding in regard to where IT Security needs to intercede in project process and workflow decisions in order to gauge security risk and propose changes or security controls where necessary.
- Expert ability to monitor new developments in vulnerabilities and risks in IT security technology, as well as interpret and apply those to corporate IT systems.
- Expert understanding of IT system and network design, security and topology. Expert understanding of standard LAN/WAN/Wireless technologies.
- Expert ability to identify risk issues in network designs and communicate with key stakeholders to address the risk and drive a solution.
- Expert ability to write and modify corporate wide security policy. Expert ability to create communication documents for all levels of understanding (high level to technical).
- Expert in techniques and tricks used by hackers to gain entry into corporate networks.
- Expert in Operating Systems (OS's), their flaws, vulnerabilities and exposure to control circumvention.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2519304-principal-security-architect
• Post ID: 93811962 atlanta