Posted: Friday, March 9, 2018 1:07 AM
Name of Location: Office Park (1665)
Work Schedule: Day
Employment Type: Full:Time
Monday : Friday
JOB SUMMARY 13;
The Planning Design and Construction (PD and C) Neighborhoods Director resources, leads and administers the system:wide Planning, Design, and Construction Program for our neighborhood and ambulatory (urgent care) locations. They ensure that new construction, renovation, and remodeling projects are effective, efficient, safe, and in compliance with all regulatory agencies, policies, and procedures.They also coordinate selection and oversee construction project management with external architects, general contractors, and project leads.
The PD and C Neighborhoods Director reports to the Senior Director of PD and C and works closely with our clinical and administrative executives to oversee management of capital approved projects.This opportunity offers a tremendous opportunity to be a key part of Childrens next phase of growth, and provide outstanding physical space to our patients, their families, and our employees.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES* 13;
1. Leads, administers, and is accountable for systemwide delivery and performance of hospital planning, design, and construction, including:
:Strategic planning, space planning, detailed functional, and space programming;
:All phases of architectural/engineering design, construction documents preparation, cost estimating, financial analysis, certificate of need, master plan development; and
2. Develops, cultivates, and maintains a customer service philosophy incorporating the mission, vision, and values of Childrens family:centered care.
3. Provides strategic leadership by evaluating current systems and developing and implementing standards and benchmarking for a comprehensive planning, design, and construction program.
4. Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and capital projects for hospital capital construction program and ensures fiscal accountability and cost effective services with long:term operating costs in mind.
5. Is responsible for developing, negotiating, executing, administering, and archiving all contracts, contract documents, specifications, and legal agreements.
6. Ensures compliance with all OSHA and JCAHO and other regulatory and code requirements.
7. Incorporates lean principles in all new construction and/or renovation projects prior to the design phase.
8. Is responsible for third:party resources selection, management, and performance.
:Bachelors degree in construction management, building construction, architecture, or engineering (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) 13;
:Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in hospital or health care facilities construction and/or facilities management operations, including a minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory or managerial role. 13;
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS and ABILITIES* 13;
:Demonstrated proficiency in reading architectural, civil, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing drawings.
:Extensive knowledge of building codes, safety codes, OSHA and JCAHO rules and regulations, and the Certificate of Need process.
:Prior experience interfacing with, and leading a team of non:employed third:party construction project resources.
:General knowledge of accounting, purchasing, and hospital operations procedures.
:Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
:Strong organizational and analytical skills.
:Ability to communicate and influence at senior executive levels effectively, and to interact with vendors, clients, and associates at all levels.
:Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret data.
:Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple scenarios and identify the best available option.
:Able to create tools and processes which elevate team effectiveness, consistency, and client experience.
• Location: Atlanta
• Post ID: 93914242 atlanta