The operations analyst will be the key member of the operations team supporting data management, client reporting, and problem resolution. This person will work closely with the Client Support Services manager and the operations team to ensure integrity of the data systems. This position requires strong computer skills, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, and ability to work in a team environment.
Operations Analyst Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Develops problem solutions by describing requirements in a work-flowchart and diagram; studying system capabilities; analyzing alternative solutions; preparing job-aids, run book, system specifications; writing programs .
- Monitor & Maintains systems by researching and resolving problems; maintaining system availability, integrity and security.
- Will be the point of contact for external client teams and internal business teams and responding them on timely manner on system issues, escalations.
- Stronganalytical and detail-orientedaptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to learn and adapt to change
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Analytical Skills, Problem Solving/troubleshooting,Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Project Management,Process Improvement, Client Relationships,Reporting Skills, Networking Knowledge, Job Knowledge
- 1+ years working experience on UNIX/Linux, Scripting (Shell/AWK/SED), VI editor
- 1+ years of Oracle PL/SQL, data analysis, knowledge on Advanced Queuing.
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, JBoss WildFly, WebLogic (start/stop/monitor logs).
- 24/7 on call rotation (follow the sun model).
- Exposure or wiling to learn Docker’s, MicroServices, Cassandra e.t.c.
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
Ideal candidate for this position
- Will be determined and committed to perform at highest quality and excellence. Will have a laser-sharp focus on goal of on-time and zero-defect delivery.
- Will be highly energetic and will strongly believe in on-going learning in order to optimally exploit his/her potential at workplace. Will constantly work towards being the best and to succeed at current assignment/project.
- Will be entrepreneurial and will successfully challenge existing paradigms. Will have a vision and will think expansively and outside the box to consistently generate and evaluate highly innovative ideas and solutions.
- Will be willing to take risks, will anticipate the consequences of decisions and will generate plans to address them. Will be willing to go against the grain, will have courage to take calculated risks and will have the ability to present his/her point of view in a positive and effective manner.
- Will take personal responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction. Will take customer perspective and will proactively work to address the customer’s current problem and future requirements. Will anticipate and successfully fulfill customer expectations.
- Will have the ability to effectively leverage diverse resources. Will work hard to foster positive relationships and will develop win-win solutions when conflicts arise. Will build relationship by making self highly approachable, will seek input from others and will actively listen to concerns and alternate points of view, will make others feel valued and supported.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6475504-application-support-java-engineer-nwf