What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Telematics is looking for a Vulnerability Management Analyst to assist in the development and maintenance of a strong security vulnerability management program.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee the maintenance and continual improvement of vulnerability management infrastructure, initiatives, integration, processes, and technical assessment support;
- Document and maintain vulnerability management processes and procedures;
- Classify and prioritize the risk of new vulnerabilities according to the specifics of our unique environment’s risk level, mitigating factors, and assessment of the impacts of internal and external threats;
- Maintain metrics and reports on vulnerability findings and remediation compliance;
- Facilitate proactive remediation of new vulnerabilities by collecting information from threat and vulnerability feeds, analyzing the impact/applicability to our environment and communicating applicable vulnerabilities and recommended remediation actions to the impacted teams;
- Work closely with both business-oriented executives and leads as well as technology-oriented personnel to ensure adequate processes are in place and actions are being taken to mitigate identified risks proactively;
- Provide technical support to system owners to propose mitigation and remediation solutions to identified issues;
- Provide input to the department’s leadership for enhancing the information security strategy;
- Stay current on security industry trends, attack techniques, mitigation techniques, security technologies and new and evolving threats to the organization by attending conferences, networking with peers and other education opportunities;
- Develop expertise to function as subject matter expert in multiple technical or business disciplines; and
- Develops strong partnerships with business, operations, application developers, software vendors and other technical resources.
What we’re looking for...
- 3-5 Years of Information Security Experience, working with vulnerability management tools
- Strong knowledge of threats and vulnerabilities associated with application and network security
- The position requires that the individual have a sense of urgency to address new technologies being deployed
- The individual must hold themselves to the highest levels of personal and professional integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment
- General knowledge of system and network forensic tools and techniques
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and proactive thinking skills
- CEH, CISSP, SANS, SCCM, and other security related certifications a plus
- Experience with industry leading vulnerability management toolsets
- Experience with container based security
- Ability to participate in key proactive security programs and projects
- Demonstrated ability to work across geographical locations
- Bachelors in management information systems, computer science, engineering or related technical field
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2412962-it-security-vulnerability-analyst
• Post ID: 88985817 atlanta