What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
Verizon Connect is looking for an IT Security Compliance professional to assist in the creation and operation of a risk and compliance function that defines and tracks the technology, policies, procedures and processes required to address the organization’s security needs.
The IT Security Compliance role will provide risk management, compliance and audit services to the Telematics organization to ensure a consolidated framework and approach is taken to fulfill compliance requirements. This framework will provide for the secure operation of computing platforms, operating systems, and networks, both voice and data, to ensure the integrity of information assets and business processing.
What we’re looking for...
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for coordinating internal and external audits and compliance activities, preparing materials, and coordinating work;
- Maintain a compliance / controls tracking dashboard consolidating multiple compliance efforts (audit tracking and risk exceptions);
- Perform ongoing security audits/assessments to ensure that the security posture is not compromised;
- Participate in security projects and program development;
- Participate in application and network security assessments;
- Review RFP/RFI proposals and establish FAQ for compliance responses
- Perform global security assessments to ensure compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements;
- Working with IT leadership and business groups in facilitating compliance requirements;
- Assist in the development, research, and management of sound security policies and procedures
- Create, coordinate and maintain security awareness compliance program
- Manage Global Clearance compliance requests for offshore requests
- Create and maintain metrics for compliance activities
- The position requires that the individual have a sense of urgency to address existing and new requirements for technologies being deployed;
- The individual must hold themselves to the highest levels of personal and professional integrity;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work across geographical locations;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and proactive thinking skills;
- Proactive thinking, analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
- 1-3years of IT Security & Compliance experience
- Self Starter & Problem Solver
- Strong organization skills
- 2-3 years of Project Management / Coordination or IT Audit / Risk Management experience.
- Ability to participate in key proactive security programs and projects;
- CISA, CISM, CISSP certifications preferred;
- Experience with ISO, NIST, GDPRindustry best practices
- Experience working within a global security and/or compliance role.
- 1 to 2 years of Audit experience ie (PCI DSS compliance, SOX, SOCII,any external audits)
Bachelors in management information systems, computer science, engineering or related technical field
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Employee is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 10 lbs.
- Will be determined and committed to perform at highest quality and excellence. Will have a laser-sharp focus on goal of on-time and zero-defect delivery.
- Will be highly energetic and will strongly believe in on-going learning in order to optimally exploit his/her potential at workplace. Will constantly work towards being the best and to succeed at current assignment/project.
- Will be entrepreneurial and will successfully challenge existing paradigms. Will have a vision and will think expansively and outside the box to consistently generate and evaluate highly innovative ideas and solutions.
- Will be willing to take risks, will anticipate the consequences of decisions and will generate plans to address them. Will be willing to go against the grain, will have courage to take calculated risks and will have the ability to present his/her point of view in a positive and effective manner.
- Will take personal responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction. Will take customer perspective and will proactively work to address the customer’s current problem and future requirements. Will anticipate and successfully fulfill customer expectations.
- Will have the ability to effectively leverage diverse resources. Will work hard to foster positive relationships and will develop win-win solutions when conflicts arise. Will build relationship by making self highly approachable, will seek input from others and will actively listen to concerns and alternate points of view, will make others feel valued and supported.
Keywords: Telogois, Fleetmatics, Telematics, Skyward
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2504911-it-security-compliance-analyst
• Post ID: 93335217 atlanta