What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite ofindustry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms andsolutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success.We hiretop talent and empower them to do their best work.As a division of Verizon, we combine thefun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
Provide technical leadership on architecting, designing, and implementing Telematics LTE/GSM initiatives, as well as other applicable Telematics Network Product Design and Integration initiatives
- Evaluate, recommend, facilitate, and respond to:
- Architect technical network capability and capacity enhancements to support project goals
- NPD, and MSR response, and HLD documents
- Author and collaborate on compiling Technical Service Requirements, High Level Design documents, Network Service Requirements, and other applicable engineering thought leadership documents
- End-to-end organizational alignment between all engineering organizations and business stakeholders to ensure capability implementation and successful market launch
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts and relationships
- Business development with emerging technology partners
- Technology and business trends that may impact key aspects of Verizon Telematics PDI strategy and product portfolio
- Communicate and demonstrate projects' progress and challenges on a timely basis.
What we’re looking for...
The desired candidate would need to demonstrate thorough knowledge of wireless telecommunications and data networking technologies; leadership experience in planning, design, testing, implementation and support of Wireless and IP networks; technical leadership experience in architecting complex solutions, aligning network testing processes, product delivery, as well customer relationship management efforts.
Ideal candidate will have the following skills/Experience:
- Masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Technology Management, or similar (or Bachelors with extended industry experience)
- 5+ years of experience and leadership in Network architecture, engineering, and implementation teams
- 5+ Years of proven track record of customer service pre-sales and post-sales support, solutions prototyping, technical consulting, field trials, and proof-of-concept testing
- 3+ Years of managing development teams on multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- 2+ Years of Wireless Technology experience, preferably 3GPP/GSMA/LTE/GSM
- Thorough understanding of Wireless business supply and value chains
- Thorough understanding of Embedded platform development process
- Solid track record of delivering quality products and or systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong telecommunication and/or consulting business experience.
- Solid track record of delivering quality engineering products and or systems into market.
Keywords: Telematics, Fleetmatics, Telogis, Skyward
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2505017-distinguished-mts-system-architect
• Post ID: 93335277 atlanta