Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 6:31 AM
Req ID: 14461
Bridge Engineer : Structural Engineer : Atlanta
: Bachelors degree in civil or structural engineering
: Minimum 2 year bridge consulting and/or construction services experience (including internship experience)
: GDOT Bridge Design Experience
: Experience designing and detailing multiple bridge superstructure and substructure types
: Masters degree in civil or structural engineering.:3.00 GPA
: MicroStation experience
: Completion of the Engineering:in:Training exam or FE
: No relocation assistance provided, local candidates preferred.
: Knowledge/Experience with rail structures is preferred.
The preferred candidate will have a structural engineering background, knowledge of MicroStation, and some experience with structural engineering design drawings, specifications and cost estimates. Individuals should be competent in reading plans and shop drawings, and evaluating contractor compliance with construction plans and specifications. We are looking for a team oriented engineer with strong communication skills. Experience with bridge engineering or construction inspection experience in Georgia is a plus. Any knowledge/experience with railroad structures/environment is also a plus. The candidate must possess a Bachelors or Masters degree in civil and/or structural engineering with an emphasis in structures from an ABET:accredited university or college and strong written and spoken communications skills.
General Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists others in analyzing information and data to perform routine design tasks.
2. May be asked to participate in non:design engineering activities such as CADD production, and field data collection.
3. Receives instructions from Project Manager or Senior Project Engineers as to the general results expected.
4. Research design options and document findings for Senior Project Engineer.
5. Researches code requirements.
6. Review Bridge Foundation Investigations (BFI) and implement substructure recommendations
7. Keeps Senior Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services.
8. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
9. Assist or participate in preparation of business proposals.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
• Location: Atlanta
• Post ID: 91314167 atlanta