Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About The Company
Led by over 9,000 employees including you Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses.
As the Regional VP, Claims Operations (AVP) you will provide leadership, direction & functional expertise to ensure departmental results for the Atlanta Disability Claims Operations. You will contribute to developing strategies that have substantial impact on the success of claims handling & enhance the customer experience. In addition, you will oversee & ensure the fair, ethical & timely management of Short and Long-Term Disability claims including Statutory and Paid Family Leave.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership & Development
- Implement leadership development opportunities and create and execute on opportunities to improve employee and leadership engagement.
- Develop and empower management staff to deliver departmental goals and objectives.
- Lead large claims organization with over 150 FTE while providing support for customers assigned to the claims office.
- Develops & executes strategic claims initiatives which have substantial impact on the success of claims handling, enhance the customer experience & successfully meet the annual business operating priorities.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained in the Atlanta Claims office.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure departmental results.
- Develops, manages & oversees the budget for Atlanta Claims Operations.
- Approves & makes complex claim management related financial decisions consistent with company guidelines.
- Provides subject matter expertise & complex technical guidance to claim team members on claims adjudication
- Develops & maintains close customer ties, articulates customer needs, keeps priorities in focus with the desires and expectations of the customer
- Contribute to developing strategies which have substantial impact on the success of claims handling & enhance the customer experience.
- Collaboration and partnership with other Claims leadership to create and maintain a positive and integrated customer experience from initial claims intake through ongoing adjudication and resolution.
- Directs and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards.
- Monitors & assesses trends in claims, identifies opportunities, and implements industry leading best practices & strategies to enhance the customer experience & improve claim management effectiveness.
- Builds organizational capability within Claims Operations
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to continually improve the capability and results for Claims Operations in partnership with internal stakeholders.
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for Claims.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives.
- Ensures regular quality audits of claim team members work.
- Develops & implements claims policy and guidelines in compliance with claim objectives & insurance laws & regulations.
- Ensures all Disability Claims, eligible or ineligible for payment conform to quality, production standards & specifications.
- Develops, maintains & analyzes appropriate metrics & control mechanisms for claims including using data & analysis to improve business results by targeting opportunities & process improvements within claims.
- Ensures claims processing is consistent with applicable policies, procedures & department guidelines for Disability Claims
- Directs the processing and administration of all aspects of claims to ensuring accurate & timely claim management.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team.
- Anticipates & provides strategies/solutions to complex claims problems or trends.
Education and Experience
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 10+ years of experience in Claims that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.
- 5+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience (Required)
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: Up to 25%
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 89163542 atlanta