Dean of the Library
- Location: Carrollton, Georgia, 30118, United States
- Position Title: Dean of the Library
- Company Name: University of West Georgia
- Library Type: Academic/Research (College/University)
- Job Category: Administration/Management
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: Master's Degree
- Min Experience: 5-7 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10%
- ALA accredited Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science
- Minimum of 5 years in an administrative role within an academic library
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusive environments, and shared governance
- Experience in strategic planning, resource allocation, collaborative leadership, library consortia, and relationship building within and beyond the library
- Knowledge and understanding of future issues and trends in higher education and their impact on academic libraries
The University of West Georgia seeks a dynamic leader for the Ingram Library, the intellectual hub of the campus and a leader in innovation. The collection includes more than 400,000 books, 450 databases, 88,000 print and electronic journals, and numerous other special collections. In addition to its outreach role in the region, the library serves the instructional and research needs of faculty and over 13,500 students, who study on campus and online. Ingram Library is engaged in various initiatives, including open-access publications, digital scholarship, and community archives. The Dean of Libraries is a tenure-track position that reports directly to the Provost.
Located 45 miles west of Atlanta, the University of West Georgia is rapidly growing, with programs at the undergraduate level through the doctorate. Our 645 acre campus offers modern, state-of-the-art facilities complimented by beautiful green spaces. It ranks as one of the Southeast’s best public regional comprehensive universities.
• Provide vision and leadership for the library within the context of UWG’s Strategic Plan and Engage West
• Serve as a leader and library advocate within the university and at the state, regional, and national levels
• Develop, manage, and collaborate with the 15 tenure-track faculty and 23 staff within the library
• Ensure that services and resources of the library support intellectual inquiry, research, and technological advancement
• Continue to develop a responsive culture that welcomes change, innovation, and inclusion
• Oversee the library’s budget, collection, facility, community outreach, and fundraising efforts
• Document and evaluate the effectiveness of the library’s programs and services
Applications will be reviewed beginning November 15, 2017, and will continue until position is filled. Electronic submissions (in one PDF file if possible) should include a cover letter addressing the qualifications cited above, curriculum vitae, unofficial graduate transcripts, and contact information for at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Post ID: 83514812 atlanta