Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Omaha, NE (Nebraska)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As the Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant you will analyze and interpret vocational information in Group Protection claims. This role identifies and coordinates vocational services designed to assist claimants with a safe and timely return to work. This role acts as a vocational resource to benefit specialists and claim operations.
Research and Analysis
- Evaluates and researches job information to verify and/or clarify physical and/or cognitive essential job functions.
- Develops rehabilitation plans by evaluating, selecting, and coordinating the most cost efficient and effective methods of rehabilitation.
- Monitors and refines services contracted to private rehabilitation companies.
- Evaluates potential candidates for opportunities to assist with return to work.
- Maintains current and emerging accounting/financial reporting regulatory rules and requirements assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Assesses claimants functional status and rehabilitation potential. Identifies files for vocational intervention by proactive self-referrals and works in partnership with the claims teams to respond to requests for RTW reviews.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of disability contracts, definitions of disability, and return-to-work (RTW) incentives and provisions.
Communication and Consultation
- Provides telephonic counseling, analysis and information to all stakeholders in the claim process.
- Communicates with employers to identify occupations within the claimant's capabilities and possible work site modifications to enable RTW to own employer.
- Develops, implements and maintains cost effective rehabilitation interventions by providing vocational consultation and telephonic counseling services
- Provides vocational forensic information to the claims team which includes Occupational Analysis (OA) and Transferable Skills
- Supports designated claimants with finding alternative work or reviewing technology / job modifications to return to the work
- Utilizes external vocational resources as needed.
- Contacts claimants and health care providers as needed to assist with return to work plans
- Identifies and coordinates vocational services designed to assistant claimants in returning to the workforce.
- Supports the training and onboarding of new vocational rehabilitation consultant staff. May also be required to provide an overview of vocational rehabilitation services for new claims staff.
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree required
- Masters degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling or related field required
- Certified Rehabilitation Councelor (CRC) required within 1 year of hire
- 3-5 years progressively increasing experience in vocational rehabilitation in either the public or private sector
- 1-3 years Disability management, Workers Compensation or Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) experience preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 91551727 atlanta