Requisition #: 21702
Name of Location: Park West
Work Schedule: Day
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Days: Monday - Friday
The spring internship program provides current college/graduate students the opportunity to work on meaningful, project-based assignments in various non-clinical areas. typically work full time during thespring program, which runs from Feb - April.
Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) Business Partnering consists of several areas including Revenue Cycle. Our Rev Cycle team supports applications specific to Scheduling, Registration, Insurance Verification, Charge Entry, Claims, Denials, etc. The Rev Cycle Intern will focus on a project to provide a process improvement initiative that will improve efficiencies for the Rev Cycle team.
- Progression toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Finance, Healthcare Administration or related field
- No professional certifications required
- Desire to work within Healthcare IT and work with an EMR (Electronic Medical Record)
- Strong writing, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Solid process, analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Schooling, internships or other expeirence relating to an EMR, Revenue Cycle, or Healthcare IT highly desired.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Organized, detail oriented; Able to prioritize time sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible; Able to adapt to change.
- Self-starter; Able to make decisions independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Able to work well with diverse groups; Comfortable interacting with all levels.
- Able to represent Childrens in a mature and professional manner.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook) or other applications as required.
The IS&T Revenue Cycle Intern will:
- Observe areas of Revenue Cycle as it relates to IS&T; provide support as a means of learning the tools for knowledge of the department and processes
- Lead an IS&T Revenue Cycle Project that is process improvement centered
- Share results, recommendations and/or documentation with department based on research, observations, data analysis, etc.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Standing - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Location Address: 2800 Century Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30345
Function: Administrative/Clerical Supp - Administrative/Clerical Supp
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent dedicated to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Childrens is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27 neighborhood locations and a total of 622 beds, Childrens is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Childrens offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top childrens hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Childrens has been ranked on Fortune magazines list of 100 Best Companies to Work For for twelve consecutive years and named one of the 100 Best Companies by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of being Dedicated to All Better and impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients and their families each year.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 89405622 atlanta